Diabetes SA announce a second round of diabetes research funding – set to benefit all South Australians living with diabetes.
As part of our mission – and through the generous support of our members and the community of South Australia, Diabetes SA are proud to announce the second round of research funding.
In 2018 the Association launched the inaugural Diabetes SA Research Grants Program and awarded $270,750 to six researchers in South Australia and in 2020 this is set to increase to $300,000.
Applications are invited from health professionals and researchers to support new or continuing research across all diabetes research areas including prediabetes, type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes. Projects can reflect various components of the population but are expected to be completed within a two-year period.
Diabetes SA is pleased to offer three grants of $100,000 each with funding being awarded late April 2020.
Applications open 1 November and close 18 December 2019.
The key Diabetes SA priority areas are:
- The investigation of new and innovative ways of treatment and management of diabetes and/or complications.
- The psychosocial/behavioural consequences of diabetes at an individual or community level.
- The use of digital technologies to improve understanding of self-management of diabetes and/or enhance the delivery of self-management education in rural/remote areas of South Australia.
- The role nutrition and exercise play in diabetes management.
- The design and delivery of innovative healthcare systems.
Key outcomes of this research will be to provide better outcomes to people at risk or living with diabetes.
Seeking Experts in the field of diabetes to join the Diabetes SA Research Sub-Committee
To support the review of research grant applications, a sub-committee of the Board has been established and we are now seeking the services of four co-opted specialist advisors to join the sub-committee.
Nominees must be available between late January and the end of February to review applications and must commit to meeting as a sub-committee with the first meeting occurring on 10 March 2020.
Nominations must be received by COB Friday 15 November 2019 with successful nominees being advised by Friday 29 November 2019.
For more information please contact the CEO Angelique Pasalidis on 8354 5815 or email email@example.com
To nominate, download the Diabetes SA Research Nomination Form forwarding this to the CEO.