Diabetes SA is pleased to offer a selection of our past education seminars & sessions online.
Your membership gives you 24/7 access to our most informative speaker seminars and events.
Save them to your account to share with your family or revisit whenever you need to be inspired.
Diabetes SA Member-Only Webinars
Diabetes SA offers selected webinar recordings as 'on-demand' webinars, available exclusively to our members.
The webinars are presented by our team of health professionals and expert speakers, and are designed to keep you up to date about the different aspects of managing your diabetes.
Food and Health Seminar – Mindful Eating, Meals and Yoga
- Suzannah Smart – Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist; Maddie Freeman – Accredited Practising Dietitian and Credentialled Diabetes Educator; Pamela Kirgianis, Certified Yoga Teacher, Certified Diabetes Educator and Pharmacist.
World Diabetes Day – Innovations in Diabetes Management
- Dr Toby Coates – Endocrinologist; Shaun Johnson – CDE & RN; Professor Chris Rayner; Dr David Jesudason – Endocrinologist
National Diabetes Week – Taking Action for Your Health and Wellbeing
- Miriam Henke – Psychologist; Dr Parind Vora – Endocrinologist; Lynne Corbett – Podiatrist and Credentialled Diabetes Educator
World Diabetes Day – Innovation and Emerging Trends in Diabetes Management
- Dr Anthony Zimmermann – Endocrinologist; Rachel Martin – Clinical Psychologist; Dr Jessica Stranks; Dr Anjana Radhakutty.
National Diabetes Week – A Prescription for Your Future
- Penny Clough, Kidney Health Australia – Kidney Health and Diabetes; Joanne Tan, PhD, Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, SAHMRI – The Heart and Diabetes; Jason Booth, Senior Optometrist, Flinders Vision – Eye Care and Diabetes.
Health Professional Seminar – Challenging Complications
- Laura Lunardi, Nephrology Nurse Practitioner – Kidney Health and Diabetes; Joanne Tan, PhD, Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, SAHMRI – Heart Health & Diabetes; Ben Hamlyn, Optometrist, Flinders Vision – Eye Care & Diabetes.
Food and Health Seminar – The Prescription for Wellbeing
- Peter Clifton, Professor of Nutrition – What's the Deal with Salt and Alcohol?; Dr Evangeline Mantzioris, Program Director of Nutrition and Food Science – Is the Mediterranean Diet Good for Diabetes?; Cherie Noble, Accredited Exercise Physiologist – Exercise to Prevent Diabetes Complications.
Research and Innovations in Diabetes Management (2018)
- Professor Toby Coates – Islets Transplanted in the Skin and the New Pancreas Transplants; Dr Jessica Stranks – Technology and Diabetes; Professor Christopher Rayner – Gut Function and Diabetes; Miriam Henke, Health Psychologist – Mental Wellbeing for the Whole Family.
Health Professional Seminar – Latest Evidence with a Person-Centred Care Approach
- Professor Richard Young, Theme Leader SAHMRI, University of Adelaide – Sweeteners, Gastrointestinal System and Glucose Absorption; Dr Ana McCarthy, Obsteric Medicine Registrar, Lyell McEwin Hospital – Advances in Practice with Diabetes Medications.
National Diabetes Week – Person Centred Care
- Professor Michael Horowitz – The Stomach and Diabetes; Dr Christina Bursill – The Good Cholesterol Increases Wound Healing in Diabetes; Claire Oliver, Accredited Practising Dietitian – Creating Your Own Healthy Eating Plan.
Food and Health Seminar – Whole Picture
- Professor Richard Young – Sweetener vs Sugar; Thomas Pretlove, Accredited Exercise Physiologist – Benefits of Exercise for People with Diabetes; Anissia Fairlie, Accredited Practising Dietitian – The Evidence for a Range of Dietary Patterns with the Best Outcomes for People Living with Diabetes.
Research and Innovations in Diabetes Management (2017)
- Associate Professor David O'Neal – Research into the Artificial Pancreas; Associate Professor Stephen Stranks – Latest Drug Therapies Available for People Living with Type 1 Diabetes and Immunotherapy to Preserve Beta Cell Function in People Newly Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
National Diabetes Week – Diabetes Behind Closed Doors
- Dr Ian Tucker, Urogynaecologist – Continence and Women's Health; Dr Kim Pese, Urologist – Diabetes, Continence and Sexual Health; Dr Siobhan Banks, Sleep Scientist – Diabetes and Sleep.
Health Professional Seminar – The Highs and Lows of Carbohydrates
- Associate Professor Grant Brinkworth, Principal Research Scientist, CSIRO – A Low Carbohydrate, High Saturated / Low Saturated Fat Diet, Compared to a High Unrefined Carbohydrate and Low Fat Diet in People Living with Type 2 Diabetes; Professor Peter Clifton – Dairy Consumption and the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes; Professor Kerin O'Dea – Nutritional Composition and Health Benefits of the Traditional Diet of Australian Aboriginal People.
Food and Health Seminar – Healthy Gut — The Facts on Fibre
- Glen Cardwell, Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian – Vegetables, Grains and Legumes; Dr Trevor Lockett, CSIRO Research Scientist – How Different Types of Fibre Interact with the Gut; Cooking Demonstration – How to Prepare and Incorporate More Legumes and Vegetables into Your Diet.
Research and Innovations in Diabetes Management
- Professor Toby Coates – Latest Research into Islet Cell Transplantation and Ways of Protecting Transplanted Pancreatic Beta Cells; Professor Nikolai Petrovsky – Latest Research into Nutrition Therapy; Professor Jennifer Couper – Latest Research into the Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes and How Environmental Factors Can Impact the Development of Type 1 Diabetes.
National Diabetes Week Seminar – Understanding Diabetes Complications
- Dr Matthew Worthley, Cardiologist – Diabetes and Your Heart; Dr Chris Rayner, Gastroenterologist – Diabetes and Digestive System; Miriam Henke, Psychologist – Diabetes and Mental Wellbeing.
Food and Health Seminar – Fats and Fads
- Dr Welma Stonehouse, Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO – Why Include Healthy Fats in Your Diet; Pennie Taylor, Senior Research Dietitian, CSIRO – Fad Diets and Foods, and Why It Is Important to Seek Individualised Advice Based on Research Evidence; Diabetes Cooking Demonstration.
Food and Health Seminar – Mediterranean Magic
- Alison Coates, PhD, RNutr – Legumes and Nuts as Part of a Mediterranean Style of Eating; Glen Cardwell, Accredited Practising Dietitian – Mushrooms & Vegetables and the Fresh Compounds in Fresh Produce; Diabetes SA Cooking Demonstration.
National Diabetes Week – Food and Exercise as Medicine
- Chris Cashman, Accredited Practising Dietitian – Incorporating Grains and Legumes into Your Diet; Dr Parind Vora, Endocrinologist – Type 1 Diabetes and Exercise; Claire Neylon, Exercise Physiologist – Investigating the Impact of Exercise on Blood Glucose Levels.
Food and Health Seminar – The Power of Food
- Professor Manny Noakes, Research Program Leader, CSIRO – The Role of Carbohydrate and Protein Foods, Strategies for Weight Management; Pennie Taylor, Senior Research Dietitian, CSIRO – Mushrooms and Our Health.
Be informed about new webcasts
Subscribe to e-News to be informed about new programs and webcasts.