Our strategic plan spells out the breadth and depth of our organisation’s vision and scope.
Our strategic objectives – outlined in detail below – set clear goals and guide actions across eight key focus areas.
Focus area 1: Educate
To deliver increased access to information, education and services to all South Australians.
- To implement an ‘outward facing’ approach to service provision that improves reach, access and range of services to people with diabetes in South Australia.
- To develop and implement a marketing plan which progressively targets our internal/external activities, improves awareness of the services and increases awareness of our role in the community.
Focus area 2: Advocate
To work collaboratively, building relationships and advocating for people with diabetes across all sectors of the community.
- To engage with external stakeholders to ascertain and assess opportunities for collaboration and/or service provision whilst building the profile of the Association.
- To actively involve and consult people with diabetes to ensure that the Association acts in accordance with the views of the membership and the broader diabetes community.
Focus area 3: Support
To make diabetes prevention a whole of community focus with the aim of increasing early detection through targeted awareness.
- To review and make recommendation for the implementation of a suitable diabetes prevention program with the view to Board seed funding and longer term to securing external funding.
- To identify opportunities to raise awareness of early detection in the community and health care sector.
Focus area 4: Fund research
To establish and implement our research agenda.
- To review the external research landscape to suitably inform recommendations to the Board for the implementation of the Association’s research approach.
Focus area 5: Organisation governance
To establish and maintain professional governance systems and processes that assists the BOM and Association to achieve its strategic objectives.
- To implement a whole of Association Quality Management System.
- To work with an external investment advisory company to further develop the Association’s Investment Policy and strategies for investment.
Focus area 6: Organisational management
To maintain & develop property, infrastructure, systems and processes that support business demand and future growth.
- To determine location and space requirements for the conduct of Association business that reflects our outward and contemporary approach to service delivery.
- To invest in the implementation of IMIS 20 as the Association’s website and the integration of the accounting system (Great Plains) to achieve our goal of integrating, automating and reducing staff processing times and inefficiencies.
Focus area 7: Organisational funding
To maximise Association funds to support strategic objectives.
- To critically analyse the use of Association accumulated funds to support the Association’s strategic objective of improving the reach, access and range of services available to people with diabetes in South Australia.
- To refocus on core income generating streams that support the delivery of services.
- To actively look for business development opportunities to support key income generating areas.
Focus area 8: Build organisational people, capability and culture
To develop organisational staff in order to deliver high quality care & services.
- To develop a HR framework that details the Association’s approach to job analysis, recruitment and selection, training, development and performance management.
- To develop an Employee Engagement Program that has at the centre the ability to improve communication, support, overall engagement and performance of staff.
- To maintain the highest standard of WHS within the Association.