We’re a people-focused organisation.
And it’s people like you who give freely of their time who make a big difference in the everyday lives of others.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our fight against diabetes.
Diabetes SA has always valued the significant contribution of those who chose to volunteer their time to improve the quality of lives of people living with diabetes.
Our Volunteer Program aims to benefit both volunteers and Diabetes SA by matching and enhancing the individual skills, experience and interests of volunteers with the needs of Diabetes SA and our members.
As a volunteer, you may be offered roles and tasks in a number of areas within our organisation, including:
Administration functions – filing, data entry, mail-outs, library assistance, putting together promotional packs.
Fundraising – support.
Promotion events – trade displays.
All will be in keeping with your individual skills and experience. And every kind of support you can offer helps.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please contact Diabetes SA on 1300 198 204 or email email@example.com
PDF: Volunteer Application Form
PDF: Volunteer Details Form
Please download the above forms, print and once completed post to:
HR and Compliance Officer, Diabetes SA, GPO Box 1930 Adelaide SA 5000
or fax to (08) 8234 2013.
Warehouse Support Volunteer
We are currently looking for a volunteer to assist the upkeep our warehouse facilities including general cleaning duties. The goal is to support our warehouse to maintain efficient and safe day to day operations.
The tasks will include:
- General cleaning including (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping etc.) to deliver an efficient working area for day to day activities
- External sweeping and disposal of leaves etc in the rear carpark to maintain a tidy and safe area for staff to enter
- Support movement of bins for collection by external providers
- Identify maintenance issues and report these for further action
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Comply with relevant Diabetes SA policies and procedures
- National Police Certificate
- Previous experience working in a warehouse (not essential)
- Ability to carry out physical work / undertaking cleaning and tidying duties
Applications close Friday 8 January 2021.
Applications can be made through SEEK Volunteer.