Diabetes SA is committed to providing high quality products for sale within the Diabetes SA Retail and Online Shop that assist people to manage their diabetes. Ensuring products have been thoroughly researched and reviewed by our health care team of Credentialed Diabetes Educators, Accredited Practicing Dietitians, Registered Nurses, Podiatrists and Exercise Physiologist provides you with a high level of confidence when you purchase from Diabetes SA.
Whilst every endeavour is made in the selection and review of products, there may be times where you seek to return a product(s). The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) along with the Officer of Consumer & Business Services provides information about consumer rights in regard to product purchases and returns.
You have the right to ask for a repair, replacement, or refund for products that you have purchased in store or online.
When you purchase a product, the product must:
- be of acceptable quality - this means that the product is safe, lasting, has no faults, looks acceptable and does all the things you would normally expect them to do
- be fit for the purpose
- match the product description
- match any sample or demonstration model.
Where the product does not meet these requirements, you are entitled to return your product to us within 30 days from the date of purchase.
When you return your product, we will ask you to provide us with proof of purchase with either a receipt or your bank statement. Once we have this, we will discuss your options for the item to be repaired, replaced, or refunded.
Where a refund is provided it will be refunded using your original method of payment.
Any promotional offers or discounts received in the original order will not be carried over in exchanges if the promotion has ceased.
We don’t offer returns on product(s):
- If you change your mind or make a wrong choice.
- If the item was being used incorrectly or being misused
- If you damage the goods after purchase
Missing Order or Missing Products?
If your order has not yet arrived or you are missing products within the parcel received, please contact our Customer Services team.
You can track the progress of your order through the email link provided to you by Australia Post at the time of lodgement by Diabetes SA. If you do not have an email address or tracking notifications have not been received, please contact our Customer Services team on 1300 198 204.
Faulty or Damaged Products
If you have a faulty or damaged product, please contact our Customer Services team.
Depending on the value of the goods, the fault identified, or the advice sought from the manufacturer we may ask you to return the product or email a photograph clearly displaying the fault or damage.
If the product(s) is found to have a manufacturing fault or was damaged prior to delivery, a replacement product, or a refund (including any associated postage costs to return the goods), will be provided.
The customer is to organise the return if it can be posted or easily returned to us. Items don't need to be returned in their original packages, but the customer should:
- keep proof of purchase for postage or transport costs so that Diabetes SA can refund the cost once the goods are proven faulty.
- wrap the goods so they are well protected during delivery.
We are here to assist you in your product purchase and value your support of the Diabetes SA Retail and Online Shop.
How to Contact our Customer Service team?
Direct Debit Service Agreement
Diabetes SA can receive donation and membership payments online but can also provide a option of automatic recurring payments for these transactions. This means that your relevant credit card or bank account will be debited on a scheduled basis based on your membership expiry or donation frequency. Please note the terms and conditions only relate to recurring payments and should be read carefully before you complete your transaction. Of course you can opt-out at any time by contacting us.
Debit User’s Name The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc.
Address 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton, SA 5033
Debit User’s ID 106774
Terms and Conditions
Please review the following Direct Debit Service Agreement if you are currently paying by, or are intending to pay by Direct Debit.
You have entered or are about to enter into an arrangement under which you make payments to The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc.
You want to make those payments by use of the Direct Debit System.
This agreement sets out the terms on which we accept and act under a Direct Debit Request (‘your Direct Debit Request Agreement’) in which you give us permission to debit amount(s) from your account under the Direct Debit System.
Please ensure you keep a copy of this agreement as it sets out your rights and obligations in giving us your Direct Debit Request Agreement.
What you should consider
1. Not all the accounts held with a financial institution are available to be drawn on under the Direct Debit System.
2. Before you complete your Direct Debit Request Agreement, it is best to check account details against a recent statement from your financial institution to ensure the details on your Direct Debit Request Agreement are completed accurately.
3. Please make enquiries to your financial institution if you are uncertain when your financial institution processes an amount we draw under your Direct Debit Request Agreement on a day which is not a business day.
4. To enable us to obtain payment in accordance with your Direct Debit Request Agreement, it is your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient clear funds available in your account on the due date on which we draw the amount.
5. We request you to direct:
- All requests to stop or cancel your Direct Debit Request Agreement to us; and
- All enquiries to any dispute under Clause 9.
What we agree and what we can do
6. We will only draw money out of your account in accordance with the terms of your Direct Debit Request Agreement.
7. Direct Debit arrangements, detailing the amount, frequency and commencement date.
8. If the day on which you must make any payment to us is not a business day, we draw on your account under your Direct Debit Request Agreement on the next business day.
9. On giving you at least 10 days notice, we may:
- Change our procedure in this agreement;
- Change the terms of your Direct Debit Request Agreement; or
- Cancel your Direct Debit Request Agreement.
10. You may ask us to:
- Alter the terms of your Direct Debit Request Agreement;
- Defer a payment to be made under your Direct
- Debit Request Agreement;
- Stop a drawing under your Direct Debit Request Agreement; or
- Cancel your Direct Debit Request Agreement.
We would ask that you contact Diabetes SA at anytime and identify yourself by quoting:
- Your Diabetes SA membership number;
- Your address; and
- Your date of birth.
11. You have a right to terminate this agreement at anytime.
12. Any Direct Debit drawn after notification received to cancel future arrangements will be refunded within 10 business days.
13. You may dispute any amount we draw under your Direct Debit Request Agreement by contacting Diabetes SA. You must quote the following information:
- Your Diabetes SA membership number;
- Your name;
- Your address;
- The amount in dispute;
- The date the amount was drawn; and
- The reason for the dispute.
14. We (The Diabetic Association of South Australia Inc) will deal with any dispute under Clause 12 of this agreement as follows:
- Investigate the discrepancy and respond within 10 days of the complaint being received;
- Record the details in the member’s file.
15. If your financial institution rejects any of our attempts to draw an amount in accordance with your Direct Debit Request Agreement, we will not pursue the fees or charges but will contact you regarding the matter. Your membership will be suspended until such time as the matter is resolved.
16. We will not disclose to any person any information you give us on your Direct Debit Request Agreement, which is not generally available, unless:
- You dispute any amount we draw under your Direct Debit Request Agreement and we need to disclose any information relating to your Direct Debit Request Agreement to the financial institution which sponsors our use of the Direct Debit System or both of them.
- You consent to that disclosure; or
- We are required to disclose that information by law.
When we are bound by this agreement
17. We agree to be bound by this agreement when we receive your Direct Debit Request Agreement complete with the particulars we need to draw an amount.
If you require further clarification or assistance with this form, please email email@example.com or call 1300 198 204 during business hours.