Are you at risk?
Take the test.
Are you at risk of type 2 diabetes?
Assessing your risk is free and only takes a few minutes.
All you need is a tape measure.
There is no single cause of type 2 diabetes, but there are some well-established risk factors.
Some risk factors, such as age or gender, can’t be changed. Some risk factors, such as diet and exercise, can be.
The Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool (AusDrisk) is a quick, simple and easy way to assess your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Click the button below to get started.
Factors that can put you at increased risk of type 2 diabetes include:
- Not being active
- Being overweight
- High blood pressure
- Abnormal blood fats (cholesterol) or heart disease
- Having a close family member with diabetes
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent
- A Pacific Islander, Southern European, Middle Eastern, Northern African or Southern Asian descent
- Previous diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes)
Calculate your risk
How we can help you
Speak to one of our health professionals by calling 1300 198 204.
Find out more from our information resources available for download or call us for a hard copy. View resources here.
The Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool was originally developed by Baker IDI on behalf of the Australian, State and Territory Governments as part of the COAG Diabetes reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes initiative.