Tai Chi for Diabetes Workshop
On successful completion of this two‐day intensive workshop, you will be provided with the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct safe and effective modified Tai Chi for Diabetes classes. Tai Chi for Diabetes is a program specially designed by Dr. Paul Lam in conjunction with a team of medical specialists and tai chi experts. Based on the Sun and Yang style Tai Chi, Tai Chi for Diabetes is easy to learn, effective and safe. It is designed to prevent and improve the control of diabetes. The program will improve health and wellness.
At the workshop
- Learn how to teach this program safely and effectively
- Gain knowledge of what is Tai Chi and how it helps people with diabetes
- Be able to perform the Tai Chi for Diabetes set
Who is eligible to attend this training?
Suitable participants include: Diabetes Educators, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologists, Tai Chi teachers and advanced students, Nurses, Health professionals (eg doctors), Accredited Exercise Instructors, Certified Allied Health Assistants
Rani Hughes is an occupational therapist and Master Trainer in the Tai Chi for Arthritis, Tai Chi for Diabetes, Tai Chi for Osteoporosis and Tai Chi for Rehab programs. Rani enjoys teaching and has trained hundreds of Tai Chi for Health instructors across Australia and internationally. She has taught tai chi for over twenty years to a diverse range of people including people with arthritis, diabetes and mental health issues.
- Date: Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May 2021,
- Time: 9.00 am-5.00 pm both days
- Venue: Thebarton Community Centre, South Rd & Ashwin Parade,
Torrensville SA 5031
- Cost: $430 per person (early bird registration $400 paid in full by 26 March 2021).
Download: Flyer – Tai Chi for Diabetes Workshop (and update)
Organised by Leap SA. Enquiries – Brenda Hum, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This activity is supported by Adelaide PHN