Diabetes SA supporting healthcare professionals to deliver evidence-based, best practice care with a person-centred approach.
The management of diabetes is complex and ever evolving, and current times have made this even more challenging.
At Diabetes SA we offer a range of education sessions, information/resources and the right support to help health professionals develop their knowledge in diabetes management and their confidence.
Become a Diabetes SA Health Professional Member and receive the following member benefits:
- Our publication MY LIFE magazine, twice a year - keeping you informed about the latest Diabetes SA news, events, research and campaigns.
- Our quarterly Health Professional E-news.
- 25% discount on diabetes products from our shop in Hilton, online, or can be ordered over the phone with free postage.
- Support line - over-the-phone diabetes management support from our team of diabetes health professionals.
- Exclusive member-only special offers on products and services.
- Discount on health professional education sessions delivered by Diabetes SA.
- Membership certificate to display in your workplace.
We can deliver tailored diabetes education sessions to suit health professionals and other staff, either at our premises or yours. Please contact us, and we will work with you to design education that meets your needs.
Visit our guest speaking page to learn more.
Education and support
Diabetes SA employs a number of credentialled diabetes educators and accredited practicing dietitians who work in the priority areas of mental health, aged care, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, young people with diabetes and pregnancy and diabetes.
We offer education sessions and support for healthcare professionals and support workers caring for people identified as belonging to these priority groups.
Please contact 1300 198 204 for further information.
Mental Health Practitioners Network
Diabetes SA coordinates the Diabetes and Mental Health Network in SA. For more information about the meetings, please register your interest .
The Mental Health Professionals’ Network (MHPN) supports over 350 practitioner networks across Australia, including a number of specialised diabetes and mental health networks.
MHPN’s networks promote a collaborative care approach, encouraging practitioners from different disciplines to work together to improve outcomes for patients.
Information and resources
COVID-19 information and guidelines
Diagnostic testing for gestational diabetes (GDM) during the COVID-19 pandemic: Antenatal and postnatal testing advice
ADIPS ADS Joint Statement on GDM Diagnosis during the COVID-19 Pandemic