Diabetes SA supporting healthcare professionals to deliver evidence-based, best practice care with a person-centred approach.
The management of diabetes is complex and ever evolving, and current times have made this even more challenging.
At Diabetes SA we offer a range of education sessions, information/resources and the right support to help health professionals develop their knowledge in diabetes management and their confidence.
Become a Diabetes SA Health Professional Member and receive the following member benefits:
- Our publication s MY LIFE magazine, 3 times a year - keeping you informed about the latest Diabetes SA news, events, research and campaigns.
- Our quarterly Health Professional E-news.
- 25% discount on diabetes products from our shop. in Hilton, online at www.diabetessa.com.au, or can be ordered over the phone with free postage.
- Support line - over-the-phone diabetes management support from our team of diabetes health professionals.
- Exclusive member-only special offers on products and services.
- Discount on health professional education sessions delivered by Diabetes SA.
- Membership Certificate to display in your workplace
Diabetes Education for Health Professionals
Diabetes SA run interactive one day education sessions aimed at health professionals working in primary health care.
If you would like to make sure you are up to date with the latest information on diabetes care and management, then book your place today at our Diabetes Essentials or Diabetes Extension health professional education session.
Visit our events page to book online.
Education and support
Diabetes SA employs a number of credentialled diabetes educators and accredited practising dietitians who work in the priority areas of mental health, aged care, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait communities, young people with diabetes and pregnancy and diabetes.
We offer education sessions and support for healthcare professionals and support workers caring for people identified as belonging to these priority groups.
Please contact 1300 198 204 for further information.
Mental Health Practitioners Network
Diabetes SA hosts quarterly network meetings for health professionals interested in diabetes and mental health.
The Mental Health Professionals’ Network (MHPN) supports over 350 practitioner networks across Australia, including a number of specialised diabetes and mental health networks.
MHPN’s networks promote a collaborative care approach, encouraging practitioners from different disciplines to work together to improve outcomes for patients.
Diabetes SA coordinates the Diabetes and Mental Health Network in SA. For more information about our quarterly meetings, please register your interest.
Information and resources
COVID-19 information and guidelines
Diabetes management during the coronavirus pandemic
ADIPS ADS Joint Statement on GDM Diagnosis during the COVID-19 Pandemic
NACCHO Coronavirus Updates & Information