Back to Membership
Many people are not aware of the early signs, symptoms or risks that are associated with diabetes; particularly type 2 diabetes. Undiagnosed type 2 diabetes affects around 30% of South Australians aged 25 years or older. A further 16% (approximately 180,000) are estimated to be at risk of developing the condition within the next 5 years.
Are you at risk of type 2 diabetes?
At Diabetes SA, our goal is to increase awareness of the signs and symptoms of diabetes, resulting in early identification and management of the condition. How can we do this? By increasing the number of people in the community who complete a simple, 10 question test that can help to identify people with pre-diabetes, or those at high risk of developing diabetes.
Assessing your risk is free and only takes a few minutes. All you need is a tape measure.
Take the test now
At Risk Membership
Did you know that in up to 58% of cases, a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes can be prevented with the right ongoing intervention strategies?
Being a member ensures you have access to the support services and programs you need to help you reduce your risk and live well.
Our healthcare team of Credentialled Diabetes Educators, Accredited Practising Dietitians and Accredited Exercise Physiologist are all here to help either face to face or over the phone.
Good news! Becoming a Member is quick and easy:
1. Select Single or Family, Full or Concession and your desired membership length
2. Call 1300 198 204 to speak to our Member Services Team.
3. Visit us instore at 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton
A family membership includes spouses, parents, guardians and dependent children who have diabetes or pre-diabetes at one nominated address. Where a person living at one nominated address, holds a recognised concession card a lesser rate of annual subscription is set.
As a Diabetes SA Member, you receive:
My Life Magazine
Connecting you to the latest information, expert advice, personal stories, upcoming events, member news, and discounts. Real life support for everyone at risk of diabetes.
One to One Support
- 1:1 Consultation – individual, personal and face to face. Call 1300 198 204 to book a consultation with a Credentialled Diabetes Educator, Accredited Practising Dietitian, and an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. Members receive 20% discount on consultations.
- Free Support Line on 1300 198 204, or visit instore Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm. You can always email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education for Continued Learning
- Face to Face - Market Tour and Shop Well Supermarket Tour.
- Expert Speaker events on a range of topics delivered by experts.
- Online - Access to 24/7 webinar recordings and fortnightly webinars delivered to your inbox.
- Website – education, information, and resources.
- Lending Library.
We recommend starting with the following Member only webinar recordings:
Our quarterly Health Professional email newsletters feature information from our healthcare, membership, research, and retail teams.
Online Member Area
Access current and past editions of MyLife, member discounts, online resources, and recipes.
Diabetes SA Shop
- 25% discount & FREE postage.
- Exclusive member special offers.
- Expert customer care and product knowledge.
- Instore, online or over the phone.
Our Partner Offers
Reimbursement of Membership Fees:
- Your private health fund may reimburse your membership fees. Contact your health fund to find out more.
- NDIS Public Trustee - Contact your Provider or Care Plan Manager to discuss if reimbursement of membership fees is an option.