Innovation and Emerging Trends in Managing Type 1 Diabetes
World Diabetes Day on November 14 is a worldwide diabetes awareness campaign. Every year World Diabetes Day reaches more than 1 billion people in over 160 countries and aims to highlight key issues relating to diabetes.
World Diabetes Day this year will be honoured with two concurrent seminars from Diabetes SA. The first seminar will focus on the latest research and innovation for people living with type 1 diabetes and their families and the second seminar will focus on informed research for people living with type 2 diabetes and their families.
Guest speaker, Doctor Anthony Zimmermann – Endocrinologist will present “An overview on type 1
diabetes management: Where we have come from, where we are now, and where are we going.”
Guest speaker, Rachel Martin – Clinical Psychologist will present on “Emotional health in type 1 –
dealing with diabetes distress and linking with day to day management.
- Date: Thursday 14 November 2019
- Time: 6.30pm – 9.00pm (please arrive by 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start). Light refreshments will be provided at 7.30pm
- Venue: City Rooms 1 & 2, Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide
- Suitable for: People living with type 1 diabetes
- Cost: This seminar is FREE to people registered with the NDSS and their families. Tea, coffee and afternoon tea will be provided.
In addition, there will be trade displays for people living with type 1 and type 2 diabetes including the
different insulin pumps, smart meters and continuous blood glucose monitoring devices.
Booking is essential, for catering purposes.
The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government administered with the assistance of Diabetes Australia.
NDSS Helpline 1300 136 588 | ndss.com.au