Back to Events
Management & Care of Diabetes in Schools
The increasing prevalence of diabetes in younger people means that as a teacher, it is highly likely you will have a student with diabetes in your class sometime in your career.
Diabetes SA encourages school and preschool staff to develop their knowledge confidence to support young people in their care through attending our workshop.
- Department for Education and Child Development (DECD) Guidelines
- What is type 1 diabetes?
- Management of type 1 diabetes
- Insulin delivery devices and CGM
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Dietary considerations
- Psychosocial consideration
- Roles and responsibilities of those involved in child’s care
- Resources available
- Time: 9.30am–1pm
- Cost: $66.00 per person inclusive of GST. Certificate of attendance and morning tea will be provided
- Venue: Diabetes SA, 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
- Parking: All day parking is available in Attrill Avenue,opposite Diabetes SA