Back to Events
Management & Care of Diabetes in Schools
Diabetes SA conducts an education session for staff working in schools and child care facilities who support children living with diabetes.
The increasing prevalence of diabetes in younger
people means that as a teacher, it is highly likely
you will have a student with diabetes in your class
sometime in your career.
When a school knows that a student is living with
type 1 diabetes, school staff need to know enough
about diabetes to ensure the safety of those
students (especially regarding the treatment of
hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia).
- Department for Education and Child
Development (DECD) Guidelines
- What is type 1 diabetes?
- Management of type 1 diabetes
- Insulin delivery devices and CGM
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Dietary considerations
- Psychosocial consideration
- Roles and responsibilities of those
involved in child’s care
- Resources available
- School staff
- Vacation Care and Pre-school care staff
- Date: Tuesday 21 January 2020
- Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Cost: $66 per person inclusive of GST. Certificate of attendance and morning tea will be provided.
- Venue: Diabetes SA
159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
- Parking: All day parking is available in Attrill Avenue,
opposite Diabetes SA
Booking is essential