Back to Events
Diabetes and Your Health – Jamestown
Diabetes SA and Country SA PHN would like to invite you to attend this session that has been designed especially for people living with diabetes in the regional areas of South Australia.
A learning and activities-based session
to empower people living with diabetes.
This session combines information and
activities developed to provide people living
with diabetes an understanding of how to improve self-management.
Take the steps for staying healthy with diabetes through attending this 2-hour session.
Join us for an opportunity to plan your health
in a friendly local environment.
- Managing diabetes
- Your Annual Cycle of Care
What to eat
- Unpacking healthy eating
- Nutrients for health
- The Glycaemic Index
Goal setting for action
- Planning with your doctor
- Setting personal goals
Managing your diabetes is very important for your long-term good health. Diabetes complications can be prevented or delayed with greater understanding and positive action.
The Diabetes and Your Health Session will focus on understanding diabetes and goals of self-management using the Annual Cycle of Care for regular health checks.
Your general health and wellbeing can improve by gaining skills and knowledge based on healthy eating principles and recommendations for planning your goals.
At the end of the 2-hour session participants will have gained:
- A better understanding of diabetes
- An ability to recognise the key elements
to improve health
- An awareness of the importance of an Annual Cycle of Care
- Knowledge of healthy eating principles,
key nutrients and Glycemic Index
- Goal setting skills to help manage
life with diabetes
Who should attend
- People living with diabetes
- Support people of those with diabetes
- Local health professionals
An opportunity to connect with your local health professionals during the session.
Join the session and plan for your future health!
- Date: Friday 17 May 2019
- Time: 10am – 12pm
- Venue: Jamestown RSL Hall, Irvine Street, Jamestown SA 5491
- Cost: There is no cost to attend this event.
A light morning or afternoon tea is supplied
after the session to allow for networking
with local health professionals.
Booking is essential, for catering purposes.