A learning and activities-based session
to empower people living with diabetes.
This session combines information and activities developed to provide people living with diabetes an understanding of how to improve their self-care. Take the steps for staying healthy with diabetes through
attending this session.
- Your health needs
- Medication types
- How medications work
Food labels and portions
- Understanding food labels
- Carbohydrate amounts
- Choosing your portions
Managing your diabetes is very important for your long-term good health. Problems with diabetes can be prevented or delayed with better understanding and positive choices.
We will focus on diabetes medications and caring for your health through better understanding. Develop your knowledge of foods, healthy choices and food labels to improve your ability to manage your diabetes.
At the end of the session participants will have gained:
- Further knowledge and skills to support diabetes self-care
An ability to identify requirements
to improve health
- Better understanding of medications
to support living with diabetes
- Knowledge and skills about food labels and carbohydrate foods
- An awareness of the importance of
Who should attend
- People living with diabetes
- Support people of those with diabetes
- Local health professionals
An opportunity to connect with your local health professionals during the session.
Join the session and plan for your future health!
- Date: Monday 17 February 2020
- Time: 6pm – 8.30pm (2-hour session with 30 mins mid break)
- Venue: Renmark Hotel, Murray Street, Renmark SA 5341
- Cost: There is no cost to attend this event. A light morning tea, afternoon tea or supper will be provided and some time for networking.
Booking is essential, for catering purposes.