Back to Events
Expert Speaker Series – Mindful Eating
Rhea Bergmann will deliver on the topic of ‘Mindful Eating – Bringing presence and body connection to food & eating experiences’.
Mindful Eating – Rhea Bergmann
Rhea Bergmann is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) & Psychotherapist. Rhea is a 'non-diet dietitian' and Health at Every Size (HAES) practitioner, who integrates mindfulness and compassion-based counselling therapies into a nutrition counselling setting. Rhea assists individuals to develop their skills and increase their awareness of natural internal eating cues, build body trust and move away from fear-driven, restrictive & rules-based eating.
This session will include:
- Overview of Mindful eating - what it is & what it isn't!
- Addressing some common
pitfalls and myths.
- Detailed description of key mechanisms, concepts & qualities.
- Experiential practices - somatic/body awareness training, understanding habits,
tuning into our senses.
- Integration with diabetes management - moving from self-control to self-care.
- Ample question time - bring along your specific queries.
As a member of Diabetes SA you are invited to attend the
‘Expert Speaker Series.’ There will be a series of different
expert speakers coming to Diabetes SA to present various
education sessions in their particular field of interest.
These sessions are FREE to Diabetes SA members.