Diabetes in Schools Level 2 Face to Face Training - Hilton
Level 2 Intermediate training is delivered by a Diabetes SA Credentialled Diabetes Educator and is designed for the designated school staff who volunteer to be directly involved in supporting students with type 1 diabetes.
The Level 2 face to face workshop is an alternative to the Level 2 online modules available on the Diabetes in Schools website. It is recommended that attendees complete the Level 1 Diabetes in Schools online training prior to attending.
The Level 2 workshop will cover:
- What is diabetes
- Supporting a student
- Food and type 1 diabetes
- Monitoring glucose levels
- Low and high glucose levels
- Being active
- Camp planning
- Planning for change
Please note the training is general in nature and is not specific to the needs of individual students.
- Teachers and school staff supporting a student living with type 1 diabetes
- Date: Thursday 22 April 2021
- Time: 9:30am – 4pm
- Cost: FREE. Certificate of attendance and morning tea and lunch will be provided.
- Venue: 159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton, SA 5033
Booking is essential
The National Diabetes Services Scheme is an initiative of the Australian Government administered by Diabetes Australia.
The NDSS agent in South Australia is Diabetes SA.
Find out more about the NDSS at ndss.com.au or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700