It is highly recommended to attend if you have not attended a formal diabetes program in the last 3-5 years.
Diabetes Extension for Healthcare Professionals
An interactive one-day program that will provide you with best practice knowledge of diabetes management, suitable for nurses, allied health professionals and healthcare workers. Programs are supported by a pre-learning video and information package.
- Language for diabetes
- Insulins are not all equal
- Diabetes emergencies
- Pre and post-operative care
- Nutrition evidence
- Understanding carbohydrate counting
- Technology and devices
- Fundamentals of foot care
- Groups with special needs
- Emotional health
- Behaviour change
- Case studies
- Identify insulin types and demonstrate
understanding of diabetes emergencies and
- Recognise suitable dietary options including
carbohydrate counting for recommendations
- Describe knowledge of the latest diabetes
technology, devices and current treatments.
- Optimise emotional support and care for all
types of people by recognising problems and
strategies to improve outcomes.
- Demonstrate a person-centred care approach
and provide guidance with recommending
diabetes support and services.
- Date: 29 October 2021
- Time: 9:15am – 4:30pm
- Cost: Non-members $220 (including GST) per person, Diabetes SA Health Professionals members $170 (including GST) per person
- Venue: Diabetes SA
159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
- Parking: All day parking is available in Attrill Avenue,
opposite Diabetes SA
Booking is essential
What is included
Both programs are presented by our expert Credentialled Diabetes Educators and Accredited Practising Dietitians, and include:
- Pre-learning package
- 6 hours of interactive learning
- Case studies and quizzes
- Certificate of completion
- Earn 6 hours CPD points
- Full day catering included
QIC Health & Community Standards
Diabetes SA achieved accreditations against the QIC Health & Community Standards
This accreditations indicates to our members, consumers and stakeholders that we are demonstrating ongoing continuous quality improvements in services and programs we provide.