It is highly recommended to attend if you have not attended a formal diabetes program in the last 3-5 years.
Diabetes Essentials for Healthcare Professionals - Mount Barker
An interactive one-day program that will provide you with best practise knowledge of diabetes management, suitable for nurses, allied health professionals and healthcare workers. Programs are supported by a pre-learning video and information package.
- Language for diabetes
- Diabetes review
- Diagnosis and HbA1c
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Diabetes medications
- Acute complications
- Sick day management
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Chronic complications
- Annual cycle of care
- Goals of management
- Case studies
- Identify the latest guidelines and recommendations for diet, lifestyle and medical management of diabetes.
- Describe forms of diabetes medication management and technology options.
- Apply knowledge of acute and chronic complications of diabetes.
- Support sick day management to optimise diabetes self-care.
- Influence best practise that applies
the goals of management using
the annual cycle of care.
- Apply person-centred care and promote multi-disciplinary referral pathways to support clients.
- Date: 22 October 2021
- Time: 9:15am – 4:30pm
- Cost: Non-members $220 (including GST) per person, Diabetes SA Health Professionals members $170 (including GST) per person
- Venue: Summit Health Care, 85 Wellington Road, Mount Barker
Booking is essential
What is included
Both programs are presented by our expert Credentialled Diabetes Educators and Accredited Practising Dietitians, and include:
- Pre-learning package
- 6 hours of interactive learning
- Case studies and quizzes
- Certificate of completion
- Earn 6 hours CPD points
- Full day catering included
QIC Health & Community Standards
Diabetes SA achieved accreditations against the QIC Health & Community Standards
This accreditations indicates to our members, consumers and stakeholders that we are demonstrating ongoing continuous quality improvements in services and programs we provide.