Diabetes Essentials for Healthcare Professionals
This program is suitable for nurses, allied health professionals and healthcare workers. It is supported by pre-learning videos and information.
- Language for diabetes
- Diabetes review
- Diagnosis and HbA1c
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Diabetes medications
- Acute complications
- Sick day management
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Chronic complications
- Annual cycle of care
- Goals of management
- Case studies
- Identify the latest guidelines and recommendations for diet, lifestyle and medical management of diabetes.
- Describe forms of diabetes medication management and technology options.
- Apply knowledge of acute and chronic complications of diabetes.
- Support sick day management to optimise diabetes self-care.
- Influence best practise that applies
the goals of management using
the annual cycle of care.
- Apply person-centred care and promote multi-disciplinary referral pathways to support clients.
- Date: Friday 18 September 2020
- Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Cost: Non-members $220 (including GST) per person, Affiliate-members $170 (including GST) per person
- Venue: Diabetes SA
159 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton SA 5033
- Parking: All day parking is available in Attrill Avenue,
opposite Diabetes SA
Booking is essential
What is included
Both programs are presented by our expert Credentialled Diabetes Educators and Accredited Practising Dietitians, and include:
- Pre-learning videos and information
- 6 hours of interactive learning
- Case studies and quizzes
- Certificate of completion
- Earn 6 hours CPD points
- Full day catering included
QIC Health & Community Standards
Diabetes SA achieved accreditations against the QIC Health & Community Standards
This accreditations indicates to our members, consumers and stakeholders that we are demonstrating ongoing continuous quality improvements in services and programs we provide.
This activity has been endorsed by APNA according to approved quality standards criteria
The 'Diabetes Essentials for Healthcare Professionals' and 'Diabetes Extension for Healthcare Professionals' are endorsed by The Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) – the peak professional body for nurses working in primary health care.
Eligible participants that complete the pre-learning and both educational activities are entitled to claim a total of 13 CPD hours.