Health & Diabetes Expo
Thank you for coming along to the Adelaide Showgrounds
Thank you to our diabetes community, their supporters and the general public for making our Health & Diabetes EXPO 2019 the great success it was.
Many attendees and exhibitors expressed their gratitude for the event and the benefits they received. For many it was fabulous to learn about the help that is available.
Our Health Trail was completed by 268 people, and the final head count was 1,050 attendees.
We had a number of experts in their fields generously give their time on the day, as well as our diabetes champions (people living with diabetes), great presenters and performers.
People loved the cooking demonstrations, the dancing and Tai Chi. Not to mention the very cute companion dogs that put on a wonderful show!
Thank you to all staff and volunteers who helped on the day, without each and everyone one of you it would not have been possible to have such a successful event.
We have some great photos to share! Did we see you there? Please feel free to post your photos in the comments, we'd love to see them.
Congratulations to the Health Trail winners
- J. Harwood
- S. Collis
- A. Bufi
Expo Membership Incentive Winners
- Mr King from Noarlunga
- Ms Vickers from Christies Beach
- Mrs Rieger from Modbury North
Health & Diabetes Expo 2019
Program highlights included
With activities throughout the day, it looks to be
a great event for the whole family, so join us
in April for this free event
- Day: Saturday 6 April 2019
- Time: 10am–4pm
- Venue: Adelaide Showgrounds, Ridley Centre
Join us on social media
- A range of exhibitors will be providing health checks and Diabetes SA will provide a chance to try out the Hypo-Simulator experience. Exhibitors include leading health organisations and recognized diabetes suppliers explaining all their latest new diabetes technology together with healthy food, product and activity businesses showcasing their programs and merchandise.
Diabetes SA Health Trail and passport
Join the Health Trail including a route to follow and a passport containing participating exhibitor booth names for participants to have stamped and receive a brochure, discount, health check or free item. On completion of the passport, participants will place the completed card into a collection box for entry into a major prize that will be drawn at the end of the day.
Captain Capsicum roving vegetable character
- Captain Capsicum and support person from Crunch Bunch will act as mascot for the expo encouraging the public to enter from the Showground mall, welcome people in the foyer and encourage photos at the selfie booth space in the activity zone.
On-stage Cooking Demonstrations
- Callum and Themis from Sprout Cooking School will present demonstrations of easy cooking with healthy food.
Sprout will use fresh, local and seasonal produce to teach people how to cook nutritious and delicious recipes
for themselves, and understand the relationship between food and health.
On-stage Q & A Panels
- A panel of experts in different areas including Alex Brown, Elaine Pretorius and Pennie Taylor will communicate briefly their area of expertise and engage with the audience to answer relevant questions on the latest topics for living life with diabetes.
- A panel of diabetes champions will present their diabetes story and topic briefly and answer questions in an interactive session with the audience about living life with diabetes.
On-stage Active Sessions
- Yoga & Movement dance demonstration
Move Through Life Dance demonstration
- Belly Dance Amethyst performance
- Tai chi & Chi Kung demonstration
- Monika from Monika's Organics presenting the benefits of healthy organic foods.
- Various speakers from leading health organisations.
- Try Chi Kung with the Tai Chi Institute
- Dance with Move Through Life
- Try belly dancing with Belly Dance Amethyst
- Try some exercises with our YMCA exercise physiologist
- Join interactive lunch box sessions with student dietitians
- Discover the selfie photo booth space in the rest zone next to the activity zone for some fun photo opportunities.
- 1. RDNS SA
- 2. Wardliparingga Aboriginal Research
- 3. Cancer Council SA
- 4. Coeliac SA & NT
- 5. Dietitians Association of Australia
- 6. Royal Flying Doctor Service
- 7. Tai Chi & Chi Kung Institute
- 8. Move Through Life Dance Studio
- 9. Belly Dance Amethyst
- 10. Hope Springs Eternal Dog Rescue,
Cuddles & Co
- 11. Adelaide Yoga and Movement Therapy
- 12. Neami National
- 13. Australian Hearing
- 14. Kidney Health Australia
- 15. YMCA
- 16. Hello Fresh
- 17. Heart Foundation
- 18. Adelaide PHN
- 19-22. Diabetes SA
- 23. University of South Australia
- 24. Optometry SA
- 25. RockaDex
- 26. AMSL Diabetes
- 27. Sight for all,
Australian Dental Association SA
- 28. Catalyst Foundation,
The Royal Society for the Blind
- 29. Ascensia Diabetes Care Australia
- 30. Medtronic Australasia
- 31. JDRF Australia, Australian Diabetes
- 32. Retire Australia
- 33. Stroke Foundation
- 34. Ride-a-Bike-Right, MTA Travel
- 35. Sprout
- 36. Independent Living Centre,
Continence Foundation of Australia
- 37. Belly Dance Elysium,
Breast Screen SA
- 38. Herman Brot
- 39. Wymedical
- 40. Pro Health Care
- 41. Abbott Diabetes Care
- 42. Attune Hearing
- P1-P3 Researchers