Health & Diabetes Expo
Come along to the Adelaide Showgrounds 6 April for a great day out
With a jam-packed activities program, leading health and diabetes exhibitors and Q & A panels with two of our very own diabetes champions, this promises to be a fun, informative event.
Program highlights include
Celebrity cooking demonstrations with Callum and Themis
from Sprout Cooking School.
- Expert panel including Professor Alex Brown, Dr Elaine Pretorius
and Pennie Taylor to answer diabetes related questions.
- Diabetes and health exhibition area for interactive technology,
health checks, latest information and health products.
- Activity area demonstrations, Tai Chi and Chi Kung, belly dancing,
Move Through Life dance, exercise sessions and more.
- A ‘Health Trail’ for you to follow, visiting our many health exhibitors
for information, giveaways and prizes to win.
- Coast FM radio live crossover interviews.
- Hosted by Amanda Blair.
With activities throughout the day, it looks to be
a great event for the whole family, so join us
in April for this free event
- Day: Saturday 6 April 2019
- Time: 10am–4pm
- Venue: Adelaide Showgrounds, Ridley Centre
Join us on social media
- A range of exhibitors will be providing health checks and Diabetes SA will provide a chance to try out the Hypo-Simulator experience. Exhibitors include leading health organisations and recognized diabetes suppliers explaining all their latest new diabetes technology together with healthy food, product and activity businesses showcasing their programs and merchandise.
Diabetes SA Health Trail and passport
Join the Health Trail including a route to follow and a passport containing participating exhibitor booth names for participants to have stamped and receive a brochure, discount, health check or free item. On completion of the passport, participants will place the completed card into a collection box for entry into a major prize that will be drawn at the end of the day.
Captain Capsicum roving vegetable character
- Captain Capsicum and support person from Crunch Bunch will act as mascot for the expo encouraging the public to enter from the Showground mall, welcome people in the foyer and encourage photos at the selfie booth space in the activity zone.
On-stage Cooking Demonstrations
- Callum and Themis from Sprout Cooking School will present demonstrations of easy cooking with healthy food.
Sprout will use fresh, local and seasonal produce to teach people how to cook nutritious and delicious recipes
for themselves, and understand the relationship between food and health.
On-stage Q & A Panels
- A panel of experts in different areas including Alex Brown, Elaine Pretorius and Pennie Taylor will communicate briefly their area of expertise and engage with the audience to answer relevant questions on the latest topics for living life with diabetes.
- A panel of diabetes champions will present their diabetes story and topic briefly and answer questions in an interactive session with the audience about living life with diabetes.
On-stage Active Sessions
- Yoga & Movement dance demonstration
Move Through Life Dance demonstration
- Belly Dance Amethyst performance
- Tai chi & Chi Kung demonstration
- Monika from Monika's Organics presenting the benefits of healthy organic foods.
- Various speakers from leading health organisations.
- Try Chi Kung with the Tai Chi Institute
- Dance with Move Through Life
- Try belly dancing with Belly Dance Amethyst
- Try some exercises with our YMCA exercise physiologist
- Join interactive lunch box sessions with student dietitians
- Discover the selfie photo booth space in the rest zone next to the activity zone for some fun photo opportunities.