It is highly recommended health professionals update their diabetes knowledge for optimal patient outcomes. If you have not attended a formal diabetes program in the last 3-5 years, Diabetes SA offers two programs: Diabetes Essentials for Healthcare Professionals and Diabetes Extension for Healthcare Professionals.
Diabetes Essentials for Healthcare Professionals
An interactive one-day program that will provide you with best practise knowledge of diabetes management, suitable for nurses, allied health professionals and healthcare workers. Programs are supported by pre-learning videos and information.
- Identify the latest guidelines and recommendations for diet, lifestyle and medical management of diabetes.
- Describe forms of diabetes medication management and technology options.
- Apply knowledge of acute and chronic complications of diabetes.
- Support sick day management to optimise diabetes self-care.
- Influence best practise that applies
the goals of management using
the annual cycle of care.
- Apply person-centred care and promote multi-disciplinary referral pathways to support clients.
Date: Friday 18 September 2020 Price: $220 non-members, $170 affiliate members (per person, incl. GST)
Diabetes Extension for Healthcare Professionals
An interactive one-day program that will expand your knowledge of diabetes management and the latest advances in technology, suitable for nurses, allied health professionals and healthcare workers who have either attended the Essentials Program or want to advance their current diabetes knowledge. Programs are supported by pre-learning videos and information.
- Identify insulin types and demonstrate
understanding of diabetes emergencies and
- Recognise suitable dietary options including
carbohydrate counting for recommendations
- Describe knowledge of the latest diabetes
technology, devices and current treatments.
- Optimise emotional support and care for all
types of people by recognising problems and
strategies to improve outcomes.
- Demonstrate a person-centred care approach
and provide guidance with recommending
diabetes support and services.
Date: Friday 6 November 2020 Price: $220 non-members, $170 affiliate members (per person, incl. GST)
What is included
Both programs are presented by our expert Credentialled Diabetes Educators and Accredited Practising Dietitians, and include:
- Pre-learning videos and information 1 CPD hour
- 6 hours of interactive learning
- Case studies and quizzes
- Certificate of completion
- 6 CPD hours for each program
- Full day catering included
Eligible participants that complete the pre-learning and both educational activities are entitled to claim a total of 13 CPD hours.
Questions or need help with booking?
Call: 1300 198 204 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org