Credentialled Diabetes Educator (Priority Areas)
- Diabetes support services
- Maternity Leave Contract
- Western city fringe location
Diabetes SA has been delivering services to people with diabetes and their families since 1953. As a not for profit, member-based Association that is largely self – funded, our mission is to educate, advocate, support and fund research that provides better outcomes for people at risk or living with diabetes.
Empowering people to live well with diabetes and raising awareness for those at risk is our vision for all South Australians.
Our aim is to build a team of professionals that allows us to extend the range of services to people with diabetes.
We now seek a Credentialled Diabetes Educator to fill a maternity leave position in the Health & Service Delivery team. The role will work closely with the existing Health & Service Delivery team to deliver diabetes self-management programs.
The Credentialled Diabetes Educator (Priority Areas) may work across a number of the priority areas which are identified in the National Diabetes Strategy (2016-2020) and include:
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
- Culturally & Linguistically Diverse
- Older people
- Rural and remote
- Mental health
Applicants to have experience in a clinical or community setting providing education, information and support in both a group and one to one situation as well as experience in liaising with general practitioners and health professionals. Participation in our annual Kids and Teenage Camps is a necessity, as well as experience in the development and delivery of health programs.
- Credentialled Diabetes Educator qualifications or working towards.
- Experience in a clinical or community setting, providing education, information and support in both a group and one to one situations.
- Experience in liaising with general practitioners and health professionals.
• Experience in the development and delivery of health programs.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplined team while demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and initiative.
- Current SA Driver’s Licence.
- Current National Police Clearance.
What we offer you:
- Above Award remuneration is on offer supported by the conditions provided in the
Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Salary sacrifice packaging of up to $15,900 per year plus up to $2,650 per year for meals and entertainment
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Three extra days of paid annual leave per year for the Christmas and New Year break
- Complimentary barista style coffee at any time
- Free car parking and easy access to nearby shops, cafes and restaurants
If you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please apply via SEEK website by providing a covering application letter, including your responses to the essential criteria and your current resume.
Download: Job and Person Specification
For further enquiries phone Anne Fleming, Health & Service Delivery Manager, 8354 5898.
Applications close at 5pm, 26 July 2020.
The successful applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.