Diabetes SA is a member based organization that is largely self-funded through membership subscriptions, fundraising activities and our retail operation.
Through the generosity of our members we remain the largest charity in South Australia helping all people living with diabetes.
Diabetes SA is committed to providing Information, Support, Education and Products, to all South Australians affected by diabetes, whether you are newly diagnosed, have lived with diabetes for many years or are a relative or carer of someone living with diabetes – Diabetes SA is here to help.
Diabetes SA membership gives our members exclusive benefits that include:
- FREE Access to our comprehensive library including management and cook books, DVD'S and CD's.
- Bi-Monthly E-Newsletter.
- Subscription to Connect, Diabetes Australia's national quarterly magazine.
- Priority notice on events and programs held throughout the year
- Face to face appointment with Diabetes Educators or dietitian to assist you in managing your diabetes. $30 fee applies; non member attracts a $60 fee.
- Advice on diabetes management over the phone.
- Ongoing assistance with operating and maintaining your blood glucose meter including meter downloading and quality control checks.
- Unlimited access to all education sessions and activities.
- Access to special seminars and events held throughout the year by leading specialists in their field.
- Our quarterly 'Living' magazine delivered to your door containing up to date medical information, local news stories, product specials, member exclusive offers, recipes and details on upcoming education sessions.
- Minimum 20% off all products available online, by phone, mail order (delivered to your door) or in person at Hilton.
- FREE postage on your Diabetes SA orders, delivered to your door.
- Hundreds of products to select from (wide selection of blood glucose meters, food, beverages, publications, footwear, medical products and gifts).
- Exclusive member only discounts.